Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5 Days 3 Novels...

It is really difficult to be alone during holidays, I prefer to do the difficult things to the easier ones... From 15th May to 15th June, it has been one month since I left college. During these days all I have done is sleeping well, watching movies, 15 minutes per day to learn four-wheeler driving - the only useful thing I think, and sleeping again. To avoid these tireless sleep I had decided to read Novels and I did. 3 Novels in 5 Days - actually 5 and a half - was not hard as they were written by great writers and as two of them were in Tamil.

Started with Digital Fortress - I agree it is too late to read this one but the later two i am going to say are far too late - had given a good techno-thrilling experience and was finished in almost one day. Then I decided to read 'Ponniyin Selvan' written by Kalki. I agree it is really one of the best Tamil historic novels and it will ever be. Every word had it's own meaning and I was dragged back deep in time. It is almost 'Live in and feel It' type. 5 volumes of imaginary facts... Inspired by Kalki I read another one of his historic novels 'Parthiban Kanavu'. It looked like a continuity of 'Sivagamiyin Sapatham'. He had almost done research in Pallava dynasty. He made them more twisty and drifty. They are more like stories than histories...

I am bored of reading... What to do now??? Oh!! thank God, I've got some work in designing poster for Kurukshetra 2011...(I'll explain about that in my next post... till then WAIT!!!)

3 comments:

  1. machi... u forget to mention tat u got d poster work thru me :P :P lolz.. also tat u initially scolded me for getting tat work to u.. :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually i was terribly disappointed when i got to design poster.. but then it was cool... I should really thank u(vallab) for getting me out from boring hols....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @arun~ cool.. i know u can do it.. atleast i m good at finding who s capable in wat craps though i m master of none :P

    ReplyDelete